Begin with the end in mind...
Exit Planning is the comprehensive approach to designing an exit
strategy from a business. It encompasses setting exit objectives,
pulling together a team of trusted advisors (CPA, attorney, financial
advisor, investment banker, commercial banker, etc.), and determining
an actionable plan—what steps may be taken, when, and why. So, let's
define the end. If you can't answer the following questions, let
us help you.
- When do you as a business owner
want to leave?
- To whom may you leave or sell
your business too?
- What is the most tax-effective methodology
to use at the time of sale?
- What is the business worth in
- What do you think it is worth?
- What are your exact retirement goals
and what it may take in after-tax cash to attain them?
- What steps do you need to take to
protect, preserve and increase the value of your business in
preparation for an eventual sale or transition of control?
- What are the most effective ways
to transfer a business to a key employee, family member or
co-owner to maximize the financial reward of your life's work?
- Is there an integrated estate plan
in place that is coordinated with business ownership and eventual
- What is the coordinated business
continuity plan in effect for the business in the event of
your death or disability?