Skylight sponsors the Northeast Ohio Special Needs Conference
Skylight Financial Group is delighted to be sponsoring the Northeast Ohio Special Needs Conference which is taking place on Saturday, February 7 at the Bay Presbyterian Church. The conference is offered to parents, teachers, volunteers, pastors, ministry leaders and anyone who has a heart for learning more about the inclusive church and classroom.
The conference will feature author and speaker Emily Colson as keynote presenter, along with several other leaders in disability ministry being “breakout presenters”. Emily Colson has recently been awarded “Book of the Year” by the Autism Society for her book Dancing with Max, where Emily and her father share the struggle and beauty of life with Max, Emily’s 23-year old son with autism.
Dan Brennan, Chief Marketing Officer at Skylight Financial Group said “As a firm that is committed to diversity and inclusion and supporting our community, we are delighted to be sponsoring this conference. We are passionate about serving individuals with special needs and their families and are innovators in providing the special needs community of Ohio with access to information, a network of resources and education. We are really looking forward to what promises to be a great day of inspiration, education, and connections.”
The conference is free (includes lunch) but it is essential to register.
Topics included in the conference are:
- Cultivating communities of inclusion: helping churches welcome each one
- Including kids with emotional, behavioral and developmental challenges in your ministry
- Helping children with hidden disabilities in the classroom setting
- Creating community partnerships
- Special needs and adoption
- Behavior management playing field
- Respite: motivations, methods & more
- Setting up a special needs classroom for teens/adults
- Eternal eyes and a missional heart – remembering the powerful purpose of your special journey